Monday 19 March 2007

Catch him red handed only if his palms are bleeding

They were.
Bleeding I mean. Let me begin again at the beginning. I've been looking for a way out and I messed it up before, a couple of times; cut and ran. Then tripped and fell and was trapped again. I keep repeating myself, sentences and behavioral patterns, fencing myself in.Had a couple of hours to myself in self imposed isolation, then, got some worrying phone-calls from a lost bleeding martyr: "where are you?"-" I'm coming to you"-"but where ARE you NOW?"-"I don't know"-"what can you SEE?"-"The sky is above me"-"never mind that, what are you standing on?"-"stones"-"where are you?"-"on some traintracks"-"get off the traintracks"-"..."-"get the fuck off the traintracks and call me back"...Guided via phone to a service station, the bleeding martyr cabs it to my house in the wee hours of the morning. Five or so cups of green tea and me washing the blood and dirt out of his hands, he's telling me "You don't know how many movies I was just getting to you"- sleeping trains and industrial landscapes had been his backdrop and the black hoodie I had previously given him as a present was shredded from his climbing six or so(he said) barbed wire fences, a cuff missing, pants that needed patching, a bloodied Ren and Stimpy t-shirt. I bandage fingers and palms, sew up gaping wounds in torn clothing and keep him lucid with caffeine to prevent another concussion. This is how he erases himself. I suspect the part I fell in love with was onesuch, gone now and possibly never to be recovered. He told me he kissed some girl on the lips because they won at pool. I just felt cold. I nursed him back to health and told him it can't keep happening like this, for real this time. We are on indefinite hiatus til he has proven I don't have to worry like this any more. I don't know when I'll see him again. Just hope I can figure out the difference between being in love and being lonely, I like being alone but get sick of my own company in large bouts. I prefer it in large boots, but I need to get them re-soled.

No comments: