Wednesday 9 January 2008

speak to me; bad teenage poetry... whisper to me; bad teenage poetry...

Some times I live in the country
Some times I live in town
some times I take great notions
jump in the river and drown


I was lured in by your pretty words
all I wanted was whisky, spit and fucking fun
but I caught alight on the fire in you
put bullets in my gun
I saw you
so
I waded in
It's deeper here than I thought
I'm fighting now
to keep my lungs dry
choking
breath is getting caught
I want to haul us both out
you look at me and frown
[you're saying]
"Beautiful, you can't save us both
but you don't have to drown"
I can't see below your neck
but I can see your head...
I want to tell you
that
I'd rather it
if both of us were dead
but I think that if I try
you'll just look at me and smile
and wave
and sink
into your depths
and
I'll drown in my bile
I wish there was a boat
where we could sit and talk
and you'd look at me and take my hand
and we'd step onto land
and walk

No comments: