Monday 31 March 2008

I'm gonna climb you like a douglas fir

sound-artfag production...gorgeous and stifling, iwalki auditorium my head nearly explodes and I choke on my own saliva attempting not to cough during an 85 minute performance of morton feldman's triadic memories...we go for coffee, cross against the lights, holding hands...

four hours later we are climbing a spiky fence...it's short tho, and easy to scale, with plenty of foot-holds...we are in...the trees and plants and pagodas are reduced to greyscale...the water is like glass...there are lights all round the periphery but they don't touch us...we own the garden...it's ours now.
we scramble over gardenbeds and little hills, the wind makes everything alive and crazy...trees at night...trees at night are the best and you agree. we step into the cactus garden...everything is still, like a scene from a film in a desert...in your tactile fascination you put your hands up to feel almost all of them. it's like time has stopped here, the wind doesn't move anything...i'm not even sure whether the wind has dropped away. we climb some more, there is a hollow tree stump...I wonder if it goes somewhere...wonderland maybe...{how twee}...you say it's a warp to level seven ~ I hum "duddu-duddu-dudda" ~ you sing the next part and we giggle...we climb out over the D gate and then cross the road...the colours return...they seem garish and unnecessary...you tell me how it was recently discovered that greek marble statues were painted in lurid colours to begin with and we giggle more...act of ultimate vandalism; we take a broken fence paling from latrobe's cottage and scale the shrine...we pass a nightwatchman...approach the flame..."one quick toss, i reckon and then keep walking" "okay" and it's done...destroying a piece of history with another[sic]...but my aim is off...it floats through the flames and lands just to the side of them...oh well, I joke, "I'll just tell people I did, and you're my witness...and then I jacked off into it" we giggle some more and hop a tram...
we are going to climb a carpark...we walk to it and step into the lift...opposite ends of the spectrum...trees~to~concrete...tresspass...but when we reach the top it doesn't look like it used to when we scaled the little power station...there is a whole lot of construction going on...two or more other levels and a gate with barbed wire that says keepout...sounds like a wager...we scale half built things and climb ladders...we climb onto the edge of the building, we are scaling a crane, we are up very high...this is a good vantage point for snipers...we are outlaws...we are covered in concrete dust...it shows up tough on our black black clothes and we giggle and climb down...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*love* I want life like that.